Friends of the Vet
We're planning a new section to our web site, and we need your help. This section will feature photos of your pet. Simply send us, via e-mail or in person, a photo of your pet and a brief description. We'll publish your photo on our site for the entire world to see. If you have a scanner, you may scan the photo and send via e-mail to the address below.
Veterinary Emergency Center
You now have 24-hour access to high quality medical care for your pet 365 days a year at The Vet. We share an emergency facility staffed with highly trained veterinarians and technicians who provide medical care for your pet from 6:00 PM to 7:00 AM week nights, weekends and holidays. Call 212-555-4321 for more information.
Adverse Vaccine Reactions
A partial list of adverse vaccine reactions seen in dogs and cats follows:
Student Internship Available
If you are a Veterinary Medicine student and are interested in doing an intern or externship at our clinic, please let us know. We have in-house living quarters and would love to hear from you if you are interested. We'll even pay you for it! E-mail us if interested.
Ten Commandments for a Responsible Pet Owner
1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be very painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me - it is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up for punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment. I HAVE ONLY YOU!
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your words, I understand your voice when it's speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I'll NEVER forget it.
7. Before you hit me, remember that I have teeth that could crush the bones in your hand, but I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I've been out in the sun too long, or my heart may be getting old and weak.
9. Take care of me when I get old. You, too, will grow old.
10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, "I can't bear to watch it", or, "let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for ME if you are there. Remember, I love you.